Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Swami Ramdev Pranayama: My customization

Please read related post before reading this.

After practicing Ramdev Pranayama for some time, I realized that I don't need to watch the video every time but I can practice just by listening to the audio. Also I wanted to customize the pranayama package for 30minutes. So I came up with an idea of extracting the audio from the DVD. I extracted the audio and cut it into pieces as below.

Legend:

Track name: Pranayama_x_<type>.mp3

Here x means track number indicates the order of pranayama to be practiced.

<type> means the type of pranayama.

Track name: Pranayama_x1_<type>.mp3

Here x1 means first section split from track number x.

I created 3 play lists: Pranayama25 (Approx. 25 minutes), Pranayama35 (Approx. 35 minutes) and Pranayama45 (Approx. 45 minutes). The play list lengths are odd but it is kept that way keeping in mind the continuity of audio and to avoid abrupt transitions from one type of pranayama to another.

I have copied these audio files into my mobile and created playlists.

Now I can't use following reasons to avoid doing something about my health:

  • I don’t feel like practicing pranayama because place is noisy(I can simply use mobile along with headphones)
  • My kid takes wants to watch Pogo when I start doing pranayama (I don’t need watch the pranayama video anymore)
  • I don’t have enough time! (I can choose the play list as per my convenience!)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for you post. Very usefull schema of using pranayama on daily basis. Can you provide your play lists to public :) ? Will save some time doing this mp3's :) Any fileexchange seivice will be nice! My email yigumnov@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete